Sustaining a sport or training-related injury can be a major inconvenience. We know that taking a break from your training and exercise can be frustrating, especially if you’re a professional athlete who needs to get back in the game as soon as possible. At Valencia Sports Medicine, our Santa Clarita sports medicine team includes experienced physicians, many of whom are active athletes themselves, who know many safe, efficient treatment techniques that strengthen bones and tissue while healing them.
What We Treat
Sports medicine typically treats injuries sustained during a sport or training, but we also provide treatment for aches and pains that developed over time. It’s not unusual for an exercise routine to put excess strain on muscle and bone until a chronic condition develops. We can help you understand why the injury happened, plan your recovery, and help you create a new routine that will be easier on your body.
Common conditions we treat include:
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Ankle Sprains
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Disc Injuries
- Frozen Shoulder
- Golfer and Tennis Elbow
- Groin Strains
- Hamstring Injuries
- Hip Pain
- Impingement Syndrome
- IT Band Friction Syndrome
- Numbness and Tingling
- Patellar Tendonitis
- Pinched Nerve
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Plantar Fascitis
- Rotator Cuff Syndrome
- Sacro-Iliac Pain (SI Joint Pain)
- Shin Splints
- Shoulder Pain
- Spinal Pain (Neck, Mid-back, Low back)
Sports injuries have a high rate of reoccurrence if not treated properly. This is why it is important to take the time to make a full recovery before jumping back into training. By working with our knowledgeable Santa Clarita sports medicine physicians and trainers, you will have someone to guide you through recovery and make sure you are fully capable of returning to the field as you ease back into your regular routine.
To learn more about our approach to sports medicine, watch this video.
For a chance to hear from patients, we have video testimonials where you can learn about how partnering together can help you achieve greater health and wholeness.
Signs Of a Sports Injury
Identifying signs of a sports injury that require medical attention is crucial for prompt and effective treatment. Look out for the following indicators:
- Severe pain: Persistent or intense pain that does not improve with rest or over-the-counter pain relievers.
- Swelling and bruising: Significant swelling or bruising around the injured area, indicating potential tissue damage.
- Inability to bear weight or use the affected limb: Difficulty putting weight on a leg, walking, or using an arm or hand may signify a serious injury.
- Visible deformity or misalignment: Obvious changes in the shape or alignment of the injured area, indicating possible bone or joint injury.
- Restricted range of motion: Difficulty moving a joint or limb through its normal range of motion, suggesting possible ligament or muscle damage.
If you experience any of these signs, seeking immediate medical attention from our Santa Clarita sports medicine physician is recommended to prevent further damage and promote effective rehabilitation.